Colourpop First Impressions

Leave a Comment

I love trying new makeup brands!

Colourpop burst onto the market about a year ago and it didn't take long for the makeup world to take notice.

I will admit that I didn't do the order process myself as a few of us girls got together and did one big order to save on international shipping. But at around US$7.50 its not bad. And it arrived in less than 2 weeks!

Everything on their site is US$8 or less - except their collaborations with YouTube stars.  It was hard for me not to go all out and buy one of everything, however I was very restrained and stuck to three eye shadows and three Lippie Stix.

The website is well laid out and easy to use. Also they have been coming out with some really interesting new products as well.
Another added bonus... NO ANIMAL TESTING!
The only downside is that you can't do swatches buying products online but Colourpop do put photos on their site with swatches on three different skin tones which makes buying just 
that bit easier.













EYESHADOW
Now I'm not a big eye shadow wearer but these eye shadows are so pigmented and creamy. You can use your finger to apply them or use a synthetic eye shadow brush.

LOVELY: Is a beautiful soft neutral gold metallic shade. You could use it for an inner corner highlight, all over the lid for day wear or pair it with some darker shades for an evening smokey look.

SLAVE2PINK: OMG this is the brightest most neon pink you will ever find. It has flecks of blue and purple glitter and is insanely pigmented. I got this as I have been looking for a pink to use as a pop of colour on the lid or on the lower lash line. I am in love with this shade and the texture is fantastic.

I HEART THIS: Its more of a silvery/bronze taupe neutral metallic shade. This shadow could be worn in so many different ways. Again I cant find fault with this product, it soft and creamy with so much pigment and shine.

OVERALL: LOVE! I will be getting more Colourpop in the future because these three shades have made me fall in love with eye shadow.


   
LIPPIE STIX
I am the lipstick queen. I just cant get enough lipstick. I really should be banned from buying anymore but its my one weakness when it comes to makeup.

ROCKET: This has a satin/slightly matte finish and is a bright coral with a hint of pink. Its perfect for spring or summer if you want to add a quick pop of colour to your look. I love it, the swatches just don't do it justice!

BICHETTE: This shade is a deep berry/wine shade with a matte finish. Its PERFECT for winter. I have worn this a few times already and have had so many compliments on it. Its definitely going to be a go to for me this winter. Top pick!

BOUND: Its a pinky nude colour with a glossy finish. The pigment and texture is great but I was disappointed with the colour as I found it to be more of a light pink than a nude pink. I am picky when it comes to nude shades though so next time I might try something with more nude/brown in it.

OVERALL: Again LOVE. I definitely want some more of these but whether I need them is another story..   


If you have been thinking about trying colourpop but you weren't sure, DO IT! You will not be disappointed!  




SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

CUSTOM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig