Eyeshadows for Green Eyes

Leave a Comment

Choosing eye shadows can be difficult, especially for those who are new to eye makeup. What eye shadows suit my eye colour? Today I will be focusing on Green eyes.. I previously done a post on Blue eyes which you can read here: http://lovemylucy.blogspot.co.nz/2015/07/eyeshadows-for-blue-eyes-make-blue-eyes.html#more

Now keep in mind these are not the "only" eye shadows that suit Green eyes, there are plenty more. I just wanted to share with you a few of my favourite shades to use on those with green eyes.

Browns/Bronze: 
Green eyes are all about the warm colours, the bronzes and golds.  I love to use a bronze brown eye shadow that has gold reflects through it. This is the type of shade you can dress up for night and dress down for day wear. Instead of using a black eyeliner, I LOVE using LA Girl's Glide Gel Pencil in "deep bronze". Its a more affordable dupe for the famous "Teddy" eyeliner kohl by MAC.



Mahogany/Rust:
The warmth of these shades would really contrast with green eyes. I love to use these shades for a night look, something a little more dramatic. Red-based colours bring out the beautiful green in your eyes. My personal favourites are Bitten by Makeup Geek, paired with Australis Metallix Eyeshadow in Plum Diddy. (I fell in love with these through 'Makeup With Jahs' tutorial)


Purple/Plum:
We all know purples are the perfect match for green eyes. You can play around with any purple shade, it would always make your eye colour pop. If your slowly adventuring into colour you can always start off with using a plum or violet eyeliner. The great thing about using a eyeliner is that you can always smudge them to create a smokey eye.

Pinks:
I never thought to wear pink on green eyes, I always thought of it as a colour only for blue eyes. Makeup with Jah who is a NZ Blogger had filmed a tutorial using pink eyeshadow and oh my! her green eyes were glowing. So give it a try ladies! You can even combo it with purples and mauve shades.



Taupe:
Is the perfect every day shade, and its warm undertone really compliments green eyes. You can wear this alone swiped over the mobile lid, or you can combine it with other mauve/plum shades. My favourite combo is MAC Eyeshadow in Satin Taupe, Haux and Blackberry.



Olive Green/Green: 
Yes you can wear green on green! Instead of going for a flat matte shade, go for other textures such as metallic's or something a little shimmery. I personally love MAC Pigment, in Olive Green. Its a Olive green with flecks of gold and has a metallic like finish. Its beautiful! It looks even more amazing on those with Hazel eyes. 




Be adventurous when buying eye shadows. Browns and neutrals are always the safest option, but just remember there are so many other shades that will make your eye colour pop! 


Next I'll be doing eye shadows for brown and hazel eyes, Stay tuned.

Here's a link to the post I done for Blue eyes: http://lovemylucy.blogspot.co.nz/2015/07/eyeshadows-for-blue-eyes-make-blue-eyes.html#more





SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

CUSTOM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig