Makeup Tips for Girls with Glasses

Leave a Comment

I have worn glasses for many years and for a long time I thought I had to restrict myself makeup wise as I didn't know if it would "go" or not.  It's no fun thinking 'I would love to wear that makeup but I can't since I wear glasses'.

Now that I'm a bit older I honestly don't care if it "goes" or not. If I want to try wearing a certain look I will!

There are a few "rules" that I personally like to follow but other than that... GO FOR IT! Makeup is FUN and at the end of the day it comes off!

Don't put off trying a makeup look you like just because you wear glasses and don't think wearing glasses should limit your makeup options. I used to wait until special occasions when I was wearing contacts to wear heavy eye makeup but not anymore...

Concealer

This may not be a problem for everyone but I do suffer from dark circles. My glasses do hide them a bit but I'm still a little self conscious of them. I've tried a lot of different concealers and now I use the L.A. Girl Pro Conceal in orange. Yes ORANGE, it cancels out the blue/purple that comes through. Then over top of the orange I use the Revlon Age Defy with DNA Advantage. (Don't forget to set your concealer with a dust of powder so it doesn't crease).
With the orange corrector, a little goes a very long way.



Brows

They frame your face. And some glasses cover them and others don't, either way well groomed brows are a must for me. It took me a long time to get them to the shape I wanted.

If your not comfortable doing them yourself go to a salon and get the pros to do it. Finding the right brow lady is so important.

My current brow favourites are the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz, Wet n Wild Brow Kit and the Maybelline Master Drama Brow Gel.


 

Mascara

Its hard for me to find a mascara I like as I don't want anything that is going to lengthen my lashes too much and then make my lenses dirty. The latest one I have discovered is the Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara. It doesn't lengthen a lot but it adds heaps of volume and also separation. A couple of coats and I'm good to go.



My go to look is always a matte face with light contouring and blush. LOTS of mascara, sharp brows and a bright lip. If I have extra time I'll do some winged eyeliner as well.






SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

CUSTOM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig